Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Construction guy seeking apprenticeship or solid job (Vancouver, CANADA)

Talented and enthusiastic young man with loads of construction experience is seeking full time employment. Some noteworthy projects I have worked on are: Finishing installation in Royal Columbian Hospital, Starbucks in BC Hydro, Dairy Queen in City Square Mall, duct cleaning at Simon Fraser University, Vancouver General Hospital Jack Bell building, BC Hydro Burnaby, labour on the renovation of River Market. I am currently a duct cleaner 2 weeks away from being introduced into the local sheet metal workers union but I want to see what else might be out there. My employer started me at 2/hour below my younger and less skilled co-worker and this is a slap in the face to me. As such I would like a job that appreciates my talents. I have no criminal record, I have a work ethic similar toprevious generations. I rarely drink and only in moderation. I don't use drugs. I don't make/take phone calls during work or make texts. I have a LONG list of superb references. Though this ad is a bit dry, it's meant to be. I am also very personable.

What I want is a job in construction, ideally finishing carpentry or installation as I have a flare for this type of work. I measure my cuts in fractions of a 16th of an inch. An apprenticeship would be nice, but not mandatory. I have other experience as well most of it listed in my resume. I am currently working weekends in a kitchen but if you give me enough hours and pay, I will drop that job and give you my full attentions. I will not work for less than 18/hour. The pay is a bit steep, but if you ask any of my references they will tell you I'm worth it. Below is my resume....I will not post my references but a list of them will be made available upon request.


Matthew Gonzales

cell: (604) 700-7197

Skills:

Finishing Carpentry / cabinet installation : Installing level cabinets, countertops, precision cutting. Installation of baseboards and trim. Use of contact cement and laminates.

Demolition : Dismantling interiors of houses for renovation purposes.

Suspended Slab Forming : Setting scaffold, layout work, use of personal fall protection

Novice Framer : Skilled with circular saw, mitre saw, angle drill, reciprocating saw (sawzall) familiar with table saw and nail guns. Comfortable with ladders. Window installation and refitting. Framing, sheeting.

Hod Carrier : Mix stucco or other cement products to desired consistency, clean and maintain tools.

Some Drywall : Boarding / Sanding. Very little experience taping.

Window Refits: Installing glass safely and carefully, gasket, water and vapour barriers, application of caulk lines and window re-framing.

Basic WHMIS knowledge
Relevant Work History:
Employer/ Position/ Year

Constructor Services Inc; Hod Carrier/ labourer -- 2001

The People's Renovation; Labourer / Carpenter's assistant -- 2003-2005

Formco; Labourer-- 2006

Myself/homeowners; Carpenter's assistant --2008-2010

Alto Construction ; Labourer -- 2010

Pure Air Ventillation ; Duct cleaner -- 2011

References:

By request (will not post on internet)
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment